Sunday, September 18, 2011

Put down what you are doing & read this article: Amy Harmon "Autistic & seeking a place in an adult world"

Some people out there complain about the death of great scientific and medical writing. Well, I say to them "What exactly have you been reading?" Sure there is crummy stuff out there. But there are some masterpieces. And yesterday night I found one - Amy Harmon has an article that was released online last night and published in the Sunday New York Times Today: Autistic and Seeking a Place in an Adult World.

It is a spectacular piece of work - captivating, heartbreaking (in ways), inspiring (in others) and just brilliant in many ways. I have just read it for the third or fourth time. And probably about to go back for another look. I recommend everyone and anyone give it a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...