Monday, March 02, 2009

They copied my posting and I like it ...

To me, science is about the spread of ideas and knowledge. And as long as I get credit for my ideas and my writing, I am more than happy for people to run with them. I feel the same way about my blog. Thus I was happy when a blog called The Reef Tank said they wanted to include more science about marine biology there and wanted to cross post some of my marine focused postings.  And they have done the first one here.  All the power to them for wanting to include more science there and happy they are giving my postings another life ...

3 comments:

  1. Of course, because you publish your blog under a Creative Commons license (bravo!), asking you was just a courtesy (provided they provide attribution and their site isn't commercial): they already had your permission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told them that ... but I guess that some might view them as "commercial" and since I was using the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported CC license I guess they may have felt they had to ask although I am not sure they understood the CC system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you're exactly write simea, I figured Jonathan would say yes, but I just wanted to ask out of common courtesy and perhaps so he could pick a blog from his page that would be especially good for the site. I got my wish!

    Thanks again, Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...